Thermostat Fire Hazard

By Kari Cashdollar
|  Saturday, Oct 9, 2010  |  Updated 12:38 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Thermostat Fire Hazard

advertisement

Pepco issued a fire hazard warning about some of their thermostats.

The warning only affects thermostats that are part of the Energy Wise Rewards program.

The batteries in the thermostat cause the problem. Those batteries are prone to leak, which can damage the circuit board, causing it to overheat.

Pepco is asking customers to remove these batteries. The good news is the thermostat will work properly without them.

The batteries only power the clock during a power outage.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out