The globe spanning swanky lounge of a restaurant known as Buddha Bar is ready to bring a little enlightenment to the D.C. dining scene. A "coming soon" sign has popped up in window of 455 Massachusetts Ave, in the Mt. Vernon triangle, garnering excitement in the area.
The restaurant's menu usually features distinctive Asian flavors with a little French infusion, owing to the chain's Parisian origins. Parts of the menu change seasonally, and the chefs are both well experienced and usually world-renowned. Buddha Bar is known as much for its food as its decor. Rich dark colors, mahogany wood, and lush red and golds lend the place an upscale air, and it would be hard to miss the trademark giant Buddha statue. Buddha Bar is meant to be a respite from the freneticism and stress of daily life, which it may be...until you get the bill.
Don't expect Buddha to roll his fat little belly into D.C. anytime too soon. The restaurant's lavish interior is going to take time build, and it may be a close to a year before you're allowed to achieve dining nirvana.
For a link to the original story at DC Metrocentric, click here.
More For Locals Only
- Find a Restaurant: click here
- Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
- Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
- Eat Cheap in DC: click here
- Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
- Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
- Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
- Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here