Authorities are investigating what may be the 23rd assault committed by a serial groper since September.
In the latest incident -- which happened around 3 p.m. Thursday -- a 26-year-old woman was walking on Bauer Road near Old Keene Mill Road when she heard footsteps behind her and felt someone grab her.
The person groped her and then fled, say West Springfield Police.
The news comes just a day after police announced the 22nd such assault, which occurred Tuesday on Franconia Court. In that case, a 32-year-old woman said a man grabbed her from behind as she was putting luggage into her car.
Authorities say all the victims have all given a similar description of the suspect: a white or Latino man in his 20s, between 5'6" and 5'10", wearing jeans and some type of head covering, such as a baseball capo or bandana.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 866-411-TIPS/8477; submit an anonymous tip online here, or text "TIP187" plus your message to CRIMES/274637. You can also call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.
Police held a community meeting about the serial groper Thursday night, which more than 200 residents attended.
- Possible 22nd Springfield Groper Victim
- 3 More Possible "Springfield Groper" Victims This Week
- Springfield Groper Could Be Responsible for 2 More Assaults
- 15th Groping Incident Reported
- Sex Assault Investigation in Fairfax County
- Springfield Groper Connected to Nine Attacks
- 6th Victim Comes Forward in Fairfax Fondling Case