Some of your favorite television shows may have recently gotten the axe, but TV Guide has a full DVR’s worth of reasons to keep you tuning in.
The magazine released its 2008 “Hot List: 30 Smokin’ Reasons To Love TV” on Monday and privileged and lecherous plaid skirt-wearing teens, a serial killer with a conscious, celeb pals of Tina Fey, Rosie O’Donnell’s former-verbal sparring partner and even the ground that many stars have mamboed across have made the list.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: TV Guide’s 2008 ‘Hot List: 30 Smokin’ Reasons To Love TV’
- “Gossip Girl’s” Blair Waldorf & Chuck Bass, played by Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick, have been dubbed “Hot Teases,” by the mag. Blair and Chuck’s on-again/off-again love/hate relationship has kept viewers glued to every one of their back-handed, back-stabbing and back-less couture adventures on NYC’s Upper East Side. Will Blair and Chuck finally drop their guards and become boyfriend and girlfriend? No one knows – except maybe Gossip Girl herself, and she’s not telling.
- Dexter Morgan, who was named “Hot Bad Boy,” is back for a third season of Showtime’s “Dexter,” and the serial killer with the heart of gold is possibly facing his scariest foes of all time – fatherhood and marriage. Dexter might be attempting to start a new life with fiancee Rita while prepping for the arrival of lil’ Dex, but that hasn’t stopped Miami’s best killer from slitting people’s throats and chopping up their bodies. It’s not known whether Dexter’s new pal/partner in crime, D.A. Miguel Prado, played by Jimmy Smits, will become the Robin to Dexter’s Dark Knight, but we’re guessing Miguel could easily end up at the bottom of the ocean by the end of the season.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: ‘30 Rock’ Stars
- NBC’s “30 Rock” nabbed a slew of Emmys in 2008, including Best Comedy and Best Actress for creator and star Tina Fey, and has now landed some of Hollywood’s biggest stars as guests. TV Guide has named honored the show with the “Hot Guest Stars” title for landing superstars like Oprah, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Martin and Salma Hayek. Tina told Access Hollywood back in April that she would even love to work Britney Spears, saying, “We would love to work with Britney… I’ve worked with her twice on ‘Saturday Night Live’ and she was very professional and nice.” It can’t be long before is Brit studying to be a NBC page under the expertise of Kenneth Parcell.
- “The View’s” Elisabeth Hasselbeck earned the title of “Hot and Bothered” after a rousing and heated year of political and social debates with co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and Barbara Walters. Elisabeth’s choice for President might not have made his way to the Oval Office, which should ensure four more years of Elisabeth remaining hotter and even more bothered.
- Actors weren’t the only ones honored by the magazine. The wood dance floor beneath the contestant’s feet on ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars” was named “Hot Zone” by the magazine. The dance floor will live up to it’s name this week when the giant trophy will be bestowed upon either Brooke Burke, Lance Bass or Warren Sapp. Hopefully the winner will remember to thank the floor that helped them strut, cha cha and jitterbug to victory.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: ‘Gossip Girl’
To find out who else made TV Guide’s 2008 “Hot List: 30 Smokin’ Reasons To Love TV” CLICK HERE!
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Access Extended: Tina Fey Talks ‘30 Rock’
PLAY IT NOW: ‘Gossip Girls’ On The Town!
MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: TV - Gossip Girl - Chuck - ABC - Lance Bass