We know a lot about our favorite athletes on the field. Their stats and bios are easily googled and we read about their on-field accomplishments often. But how much do we really know about them personally?
Since we’re curious, we’ve asked our favorite athletes to tell us 10 things that we don’t know about them.
Today we check in with the Capitals’ Karl Alzner (@KarlAlzner), who reveals the strangest item we’ve ever heard autographed by an athlete.
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me, Karl Alzner
1. There’s probably nothing that I won’t eat, but my favorite food is truffle oil french fries.
2. I can stick my tongue into my nose.
3. If it’s on the top charts, I probably have it on my iPod. You might be surprised if you come across a Justin Bieber song on my iPod.
4. If I had my choice for pre-game music, it would be pumped-up country.
5. I used to climb up on the roof of the school when I was a kid and look for old basketballs and tennis balls that had been lost up there.
6. I hated sleeping in my own room as a kid because I thought it was too scary. Our house was one floor and there was a bedroom on one end and two bedrooms on the other. I had the bedroom by itself and I was scared of it. I would sleep either on the couch or in my parents’ bedroom until I was 7 or 8 years old. I had to switch rooms with my sister. She was much braver than I was.
7. I pretend I can sing. I’ll sing in the car, every lyric that I know. I’m a whistler too. If I hear a song, I’ll whistle it for two hours straight, which annoys the heck out of people.
8. I’ll dance like crazy when I’m by myself but when people are around, not a chance.
9. I really like Montreal. The atmosphere is great, the city is great and the fans are pretty great.
10. I had a woman ask me to autograph a leather whip at the Caps convention this year. It was odd. I don’t know what it was for and I don’t want to think about it.
Previously on “10 Things”