We know a lot about our favorite athletes on the field. Their stats and bios are easily googled and we read about their on-field accomplishments often. But how much do we really know about them personally?
Since we’re curious, we’ve asked our favorite athletes to tell us 10 things that we don’t know about them.
Today we have the Redskins’ Ryan Kerrigan, who seems to have made the correct choice of sport.
Take it away, Ryan...
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me, Ryan Kerrigan
1. I'm a bad golfer. I got a lot of attention back in May for carding a hole-in-one in a charity golf tournament, but it was pure luck. I love golfing, but for some reason, I am just not that good.
2. I am a decent piano player. I took piano lessons for about eight years when I was growing up and loved doing it. I still play periodically, but not too often.
3. I am deaf in my left ear. I had a number of ear infections as a child which ultimately resulted in my hearing impairment. However, I do not feel it affects me too much in life and, knock on wood, has never been a problem on the football field.
4. My favorite food is chili. It's funny because I had never even tried chili until I was a sophomore in high school, and now I absolutely love it. I even started making my own, which is pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself. If you like spicy, then you'll like my chili.
5. I will not eat Doritos. For some reason the smell of them has always just made me cringe. All of my friends and my girlfriend know that I don't like Doritos and will intentionally blow their breath in my face when they've eaten Doritos.
6. I look at Twitter more than anybody, yet I don't really post that much. The rate that I look at Twitter versus the amount I post is probably about 20 to 1.
7. I wasn't much of a pitcher in high school. I played baseball for four years in high school and made one pitching appearance. I surrendered 6 runs in 1/3 of an inning before being taken out. Because I gave up so many runs and recorded only one out, my ERA rose from a 0.00 to an "84.000." Yes, that's right, 84, and my friends have never let me forget about it.
8. I'm a bit of a health nut. My senior year of high school, I became really particular about what I ate. I was then training for collegiate football and I had seen the results my brother, Kyle, had gotten from eating a healthy diet, so I wanted to do the same. I now rarely eat anything that's unhealthy and it has really helped me develop physically over the years. My friends find it a bit annoying sometimes when they want to go out to eat and I don't want to go because I'd rather eat something healthier. That's just the person I've become.
9. I love watching any movie with Will Ferrel in it. Between Anchorman, Talladega Nights, and Step Brothers, there are so many one-liners. I'll watch just about any of his movies any time they're on. His SNL stuff is great too.
10. I was also a competitive swimmer, about 90 pounds ago! I swam from the time I was 7 years old all the way until I was 14. I was actually pretty good, too! I stopped swimming after eighth grade. Swimming was an extremely difficult sport and I have the utmost respect for those who do it the high school and college level because it was incredibly hard as a middle schooler!