Nothing says summer like watching your favorite movie on a blanket under the stars. Luckily there are a number of outdoor film festivals occurring in northern Virginia just in time for the season. In most cases, the movies begin at dusk. All events are free and open to the public.
Beginning May 4, the Crystal City Business Improvement District (BID) will host their outdoor series Crystal Screen for 21 weeks every Monday. Batman, Superman, and Spiderman will all make at least one appearance each for this year’s Superheroes theme.
Every night will also feature giveaways and other activities. The festival will take place across from Crystal City Metro Station at 18th and South Bell Streets.
Meanwhile, the Rosslyn BID will help you relive the 80s with 19 movies that celebrate the decade. A different film will be shown every Friday beginning May 1 at Gateway Park near the Key Bridge. A few of the scheduled movies include Goonies, Breakfast Club, and Top Gun. Those who arrive early can enjoy games and win prizes at the 80s themed pre-show.
In addition to these outdoor series, The Village at Shirlington plays family-friendly movies in Arlington throughout July. Alexandria also hosts the Comcast Outdoor Film Festival during a weekend in July at Ben Brenman Park.
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here