Six people were taken to the hospital and treated after inhaling pepper spray fumes on a Metro bus.
D.C. firefighters and EMS responded to the 3000 block of Georgia Avenue NW shortly before 4 p.m. Tuesday after receiving reports of several people overcome by fumes on a bus. They determined these fumes to be pepper spray.
Several people complained of trouble breathing and stinging in their eyes. Some were treated on the scene and six were taken to the hospital.
The bus involved was a 79 traveling from Silver Spring to Archives. Metro said the bus with pepper spray was taken out of service and replaced by another bus.