‘She's Making Progress Every Hour': Father of Vegas Shooting Victim Speaks at Maryland Fundraiser

Tina Frost has shown some signs of improvement since she was shot in the face in Las Vegas

The father of a Maryland native who was shot in the head during the Las Vegas massacre made a surprise appearance Thursday at a fundraiser held for his daughter.

Tina Frost's condition is improving little by little, her father, Rich Frost, said.

"We're more and more confident every day that she's going to come out of the coma and she's going to be our good old Tina again. That's what we want," he said.

The 27-year-old was shot as she attended the country music concert in Las Vegas on Oct. 1. Her boyfriend carried her to the truck of a stranger, who rushed her to a hospital. 

A bullet lodged in her right eye, which doctors had to remove to save her life. She remains hospitalized. 

Two restaurants near where Tina Frost grew up in Anne Arundel County are hosting fundraisers for her medical care. Her father stopped by an event at The Hideaway in Odenton, Maryland, before he rushed from Baltimore–Washington International Airport to his daughter's bedside.

Rich Frost said he's thankful for the outpouring of support for his family.

"We appreciate everything that everybody's doing for her, pulling for her and all the prayers that have come. It's helping. She's made great progress. She's making progress every hour," he said.

The Hideaway is donating all profits on Thursday to the Frost family, they said. 

"This is a wonderful thing that we can do," owner Bob Krohn said. His customers suggested he hold the fundraiser. The Frosts learned about it via social media. 

On Saturday, Molloy's Irish Pub in Gambrills, Maryland, will hold a raffle to raise money for Tina Frost.

Both restaurants were set to donate their proceeds to a GoFundMe page established for Frost. 

Tina Frost graduated from Arundel High School in 2008, and from Gardner-Webb University in North Carolina in 2012. She moved to San Diego, California, about five years ago and was working as an accountant with Ernst & Young, The San Diego Union-Tribute reported.

Frost's family said she has shown some signs of improvement recently. This week, she was able to follow her nurse's commands.

"She followed Nurse Christina’s commands when she told her to squeeze her hands and move her toes," an online post said. "She followed commands on moving her feet and did very well."

The family said Frost, who was working as an accountant in California, has been able to sit up. 

"Late in the day, they put Tina in her lil helmet and she sat in a recliner. Her vitals stayed the same so she got to sit up for almost 2 hours," the post said. 

Contact Us