Residents Rescued From Northwest Apartment Fire - NBC4 Washington

Residents Rescued From Northwest Apartment Fire

One woman transported to hospital as a precaution



    Residents rescued from an apartment in Northwest DC after smoke filled the building. Darcy Spencer talks to some who say they never heard any warning. (Published Sunday, March 24, 2013)

    D.C. firefighters rescued at least two people from an apartment fire in Northwest Sunday afternoon. 

    The fire broke out in a storage room in the basement of 1371 Peabody Street Northwest at around 1:50 p.m. and was extinguished shortly after 2 p.m. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire, but News4's Seth Lemon reported that one woman fell from a rescue ladder and was transported to a local hospital as a precaution. Fire officials later confirmed that one person had been transported to Howard Hospital with an arm injury. 

    Residents were rescued from the building's upper floors, though the exact number of people rescued was not confirmed by fire officials.