Lululemon Suspect Allegedly Stalked Ex-Boyfriend - NBC4 Washington

Lululemon Suspect Allegedly Stalked Ex-Boyfriend



    Brittany Norwood's ex-boyfriend claimed to fear for his safety. (Published Tuesday, May 3, 2011)

    The woman charged with killing her coworker at a Bethesda yoga store had legal troubles stemming from a stalking accusation in 2007, the Washington Post reported.

    Norwood's ex-boyfriend Maury Branch III told a D.C. court that she had broken into his home, stolen his cell phone, and on occasion physically assaulted him, the Post reported.

    The paper wrote:

    Branch told D.C. court officials that Norwood needed “anger management” and a “psychiatric evaluation,” according to court records. “Petitioner fears for his safety,” according to the filing.

    Woman Charged in Lululemon Murder in Court

    [DC] Woman Charged in Lululemon Murder in Court
    The woman charged in the murder at Lululemon appeared in court Monday. (Courtroom sketches by Bill Hennessy.)
    (Published Monday, March 21, 2011)

    Maury said in court filings that he had broken up with Norwood in February of 2007, but she continued to call him and leave messages.  He filed a complaint with the D.C. court's domestic violence unit when he said Norwood had used his security code to sneak into his home and stole his new girlfriend's cell phone, in October of 2007.

    Norwood "seems not to understand that the relationship is over," Maury said in court papers.

    A judge ordered Norwood to stay away from Maury and his new girlfriend, who had also filed a complaint.  However, two weeks after the judgment, the pair caught her following them in her car, and filed another complaint.

    Gruesome Details in Lululemon Murder Case

    [DC] Gruesome Details in Lululemon Murder Case
    In court Monday, prosecutors said Brittany Norwood beat her coworker to death after she allegedly caught her stealing items from the Bethesda store. (Courtroom Sketches by Bill Hennessy)
    (Published Tuesday, March 22, 2011)

    Norwood was ordered back into court for a contempt hearing, but after asking for several postponements, she never showed up.  A bench warrant was issued in May of 2008, but after one year, it expired.

    Norwood was scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing for Lululemon homicide in April, but her attorney waived the date.  Her next appearance is scheduled for May 12.