Tourists hoping to see some of Washington's sights will have slim to no pickings Saturday.
The Smithsonian museums announced Friday that they would be closed today.
The National Park Service has also closed the following sites for Saturday, Feb. 6:
- In Washington, D.C.:
- The Washington Monument
- Ford’s Theatre National Historic Site, which includes Petersen House, located across 10th Street from Ford’s Theatre
- The Nature Center at Rock Creek Park, located at 5200 Glover Road, N.W.
- the Frederick Douglass National Historical Site in Southeast DC
- the Mary McLeod Bethune Council House, located on Vermont Ave., N.W., in Logan Circle
- the Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens, in Northeast DC
- In Northern Virginia:
- In Montgomery County, Md.:
- the Clara Barton National Historic Site in Glen Echo, MD
- the Glen Echo Park, in Glen Echo, MD
- the Great Falls Tavern and the road leading to the Great Falls Tavern from MacArthur Blvd. and Falls Road in Potomac, MD, until the roadway from this intersection to the Great Falls Tavern is plowed and open