Happy hour isn't about booze anymore.
Wait, that sounded a little scary to us. How about ... Happy hour isn't JUST about booze anymore? Yeah, OK, that sounds muuuuch better.
Every Wednesday evening through Aug. 26, some Georgetown retailers are offering happy hours of samples, previews, discounts and giveaways. Go be a good recession shopper and take advantage of great deals like the following:
- Sugar (1633 Wisconsin Ave. N.W.) is getting on our sweet side with 15 percent off apparel. Browse while noshing on the conveniently provided treats and sweets.
- At Signature (1357 Wisconsin Ave. N.W.), purchase a summer dress and pick out a pair of get this -- FREE -- sandals from the select styles available.
- Enjoy the "secret" (it would be a secret except that we're telling you on the Internet) happy hour in the Enchanted Rose Garden at Betsy Johnson (3029 M St. N.W.). From 5-8 p.m., receive 10 percent off. Each week, there will be a different theme -- think along the lines of last week's Queen of Hearts theme.
- At The Walking Company (3101 M St. N.W.), get a complimentary digital foot analysis. With any shoe or orthopedic purchase, you get a free pair of comfort socks.
- The Body Shop(3207 M St. N.W.) is offering all body butters and scrubs via a two-for-$30 deal, and home fragrance oils on a two-for-$12 deal. Plus, you'll score a free goodie bag with a body butter sampler.
- At Kiehl's (3110 M St. N.W.), receive a Kiehl's haircare consultation and deluxe-size samples with your purchase.
- Presse Bookstore (1614 Wisconsin Ave. N.W.) is offering 30 percent off select items and inviting customers to its open house from 6-9 p.m. to see the latest books, films and music in stock.
- At Smith & Hawken (1209 31 St. N.W.), get 20 percet off any plant, flower or orchid.
- Browse jewelry trunk shows and score 20-50 percent off rugs, pillows and furniture at For Your Home (1669 Wisconsin Ave. N.W.).
For a complete list of participating Georgetown fashion, specialty, home décor and art stores, go here.