On Tuesday, Sept. 20, the Service Members' Legal Defense Network will celebrate the repeal of the military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell law with bashes across the area. Below, some of the highlights:
- Join JR's Bar & Grill (1519 17th St. N.W.) as they celebrate their 25th anniversary and serve as hosts to the Service Members' Legal Defense Network's official after-party. Party with an open bar on rail vodka and draft beer from 10-11 p.m., and a completely open bar for those with a military ID during the same hour. 9 p.m.-2 a.m.; no cover.
- Continue your celebration at K Street Lounge (1301 K St. N.W.) with SLDN staff and supporters, and an open bar. 6-10 p.m.; $20 donations suggested.
- Visit the upstairs bar at Rock Bottom Brewery (7900 Norfolk Ave., Bethesda) to score $2 off in-house brews and wine, and $1 off specials on rail drinks, plus food specials. 5:30-7 p.m.; no cover.
- The Young Democrats of Maryland and Montgomery County will host a happy hour on the upper floor of Dogfishhead Alehouse (800 W. Diamond Ave., Gaithersburg, Md.), with $1 off their artisan draft beers. Donations for military families are welcome and they promise there won't be any long speeches! 5:30-8:30 p.m.; no cover.
- Get to PW's Sports Bar & Grill (9855 Washington Blvd., Laurel, Md.) -- voted Maryland's Best Gay Bar -- before 8 p.m. for their daily happy hour with $2 domestic pints and $3 domestic 22-ounce drafts. Monday is also trivia night with discounts on all beers after happy hour ends and half off starters. 5:30 p.m.-2 a.m.; no cover.
- Sing the praises of the repeal at Freddie's Beach Bar (555 23rd St., Arlington) with the Arlington Gay Lesbian Alliance, the Arlington Democrats, Arlington Greens... and a night full of karaoke. 8-11 p.m.; no cover.
Check Out the Scene: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters, download our iPhone app or join our Flickr group.