The Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission needs volunteers to help clean along the Patuxent River this weekend.
Workers will pull trash and other debris out of culverts to protect the Patuxent River and keep our water clean. Students can earn community service learning hours by helping out.
The cleanup locations on Saturday, April 12 are:
1. Brown’s Bridge, 2220 Ednor Road, Silver Spring
2. Greenbridge Recreation Area, 2800 Greenbridge Road, Brookeville
3. Pig Tail Recreation Area, 5600 Green Bridge Road, Dayton
4. Big Branch Recreation Area, 14810 Triadelphia Mill Road, Dayton
5. Scott’s Cove, 10972 Harding Road, Laurel
The cleanup location on Sunday, April 13 is the Triadelphia Recreation Area, 2800 Triadelphia Lake Road, Brookeville.
Gloves and bags will be provided. Volunteers are asked to bring drinking water.