Students Sickened By Tainted Milk

Drink accidentally sent to middle school

By Jack Heinbaugh
|  Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010  |  Updated 7:46 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Students Sickened By Tainted Milk

recipetips.com

advertisement

Two Maryland school students got sick after drinking tainted chocolate milk.

They said they felt queasy after drinking the milk at West Frederick Middle School.

The company that supplies the milk for the school, Dairy Maid Dairy, told the Frederick News-Post that the milk contained a non-toxic sanitizing rinse used by milk processors. The solution may contain iodine or bleach.
 
A sign warning employees not to distribute the tainted milk was lost, said dairy spokesman James Vona.
 
Vona said six boxes were sent to the school by mistake.
 
The company will tag bad milk in the future to keep this mistake from happening again, said Vona.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out