Elderly Woman Found Dead After Fire in Basement of D.C. Home

Thursday, Dec 26, 2013  |  Updated 9:26 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
One person was found dead after a fire in the basement of a home in Northwest Washington. News4's Kristen Wright reports.

Kristen Wright

One person was found dead after a fire in the basement of a home in Northwest Washington. News4's Kristen Wright reports.

advertisement

An elderly woman was found dead after a basement fire inside a home on the 1600 block of Beekman Place NW in the Adams Morgan section of the District, fire department sources said.

The source said the fire appeared to have been caused by a candle.

Firefighters and emergency medical staff were called to the fire just before 2 p.m. Thursday. It took about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire.

Firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to any of the other units in the gated community.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out