One person was found dead after a fire in the basement of a home in Northwest Washington. News4's Kristen Wright reports.
An elderly woman was found dead after a basement fire inside a home on the 1600 block of Beekman Place NW in the Adams Morgan section of the District, fire department sources said.
The source said the fire appeared to have been caused by a candle.
Firefighters and emergency medical staff were called to the fire just before 2 p.m. Thursday. It took about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire.
Firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to any of the other units in the gated community.