The Food and Drug Administration expanded its recall of selected types of FoodMatch Inc. Divina stuffed olives.
The olives are stuffed with either feta or blue cheese.
The recall is due to a lack of temperature control during the distribution process, which poses the risk of botulism poisoning -- a potentially deadly form of food poisoning, the FDA said.
The olives were distributed to Safeway stores around D.C., Maryland and Virginia. They are packaged in four ounce plastic cup containers.
The recall includes "best used by dates" of Jan. 11, 2012, and Feb. 1, 2012.
The FDA released a list of specific Safeway stores in our area that received the recalled olives:
- 7625 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, Md.
- 12 West Washinton St., Middleburg, Va.
- Richmond Highway, Alexandria, Va.
- 9596 Old Keene Mill Road, Burke, Va.
- 5510 Norbeck Road Rockville, Md.
- 14939 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, Md.
- 43150 Broadlands Plaza, Ashburn, Va.
- Burke Center, Burke, Va.
- 415 14th St. SE, Washington, D.C.