Arlington County Police and Fire are investigating a natural gas explosion at an apartment building for seniors.
The explosion occurred just before noon Saturday in the 4300 block of N. Carlin Springs Road, near the Ballston Commons shopping mall.
One person was seriously hurt and was flown to a local burn center. No one else was hurt.
The explosion happened inside an apartment home. The home and two others near it were heavily damaged. Dozens of others received minor damage.
About 100 seniors are displaced. It's not clear when they will be able to return.