Laptop Battery Starts Manassas House Fire

Tuesday, May 21, 2013  |  Updated 12:28 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Laptop Battery Starts Manassas House Fire

Getty Images

File Photo (Photo by Adam Berry/Getty Images)

An overheated laptop started a fire in a Manassas home Monday night.

Crews were called to the 9000 block of Sandalwood Drive around 9:45 p.m., Manassas spokeswoman Patty Prince said. Fire investigators determined the laptop's battery overheated and ignited the bed linens.

The three adults inside the home at the time were able to escape safely. They are being assisted by the Red Cross.

 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
NBC4's Camp4Kids
NBC4 launched Camp4Kids in 1993, in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out