Clarendon coffee lovers died a little on the inside this past week, when Murky Coffee owner Nick Cho announced that Arlington's most beloved independent coffee shop will close on April 30. The cafe will reopen as "Wrecking Ball Coffee" in northwest DC early next month.
Meanwhile, pastry chef David Guas is working with the people at Liberty Tavern, who will be taking over the space, to open his long-planned Bayou Bakery at Murky's old digs. Guas is planning a menu of sweets that includes beignets, cakes and pralines, as well as savory dishes that reflect his New Orleanian and Cuban roots, according to our friends at metrocurean.
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here