Francophiles, time to break out your berets and stripes -- Bastille Day is almost here. How can you party like a true Frenchman (or -woman) on Wednesday? Cue the Edith Piaf...
- Get into the spirit on Bastille Day at L'Enfant Café & Bar (2000 18th St. NW.). Starting at 4 p.m., the café is closing off the entire block to begin its 6th Annual Bastille Day Block Party. Festivities include a French maid relay race, which begins at 8 p.m., and a masquerade dance party at 9 p.m. The festivities will be hosted by King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette, who the establishment says bear a striking resemblance to L'Enfant's owners Jim Ball and Christopher Lynch. The bash continues ‘til closing. The cost to attend is $5; if you want to run in the French maid race, the fee is $25, to be donated to the Make a Wish Foundation.
- Adour at the St. Regis (923 16th St. N.W.) is offering a $75 tasting menu with delicious options such as Maine lobster medallions. Bon appetit!
- Staring at 11 p.m, Bistro du Coin (1738 Connecticut Ave. N.W.) clears out the dining room to make room for a dance floor. Think full-out celebration, complete with French football songs and cheap beer. By the end of the night, you'll surely be seeing la vie en rose. There's no cover charge; arrive early to avoid long lines.
- BLT Steak (1625 I St. N.W.) is offering 50 percent off all French wine selections; sommelier Nicole Saladyga will be on hand to offer advice on perfect pairings.
- Central Michel Richard (1001 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.) will hold its third annual Bastille Day celebration with a special French menu created by the restaurant's namesake and executive chef Arthur Cavaliere. From 5:30 to 10:30 p.m., diners can feast on entrees such as escargot pot pie and blue crab brandade and pair 'em with French wines. Save room for some apple tart tatin and creme caramel, too. Oh, and as an added bonus, everyone who dines gets complimentary gougeres! C'est magnifique!
- Mon Ami Gabi (7239 Woodmont Ave., Bethesda) offers a special menu in honor of French Independence Day, featuring the likes of a pan bagnat with tuna and avocado and a black current popsicle.
- Wear the combination of red, white and blue to Napoleon Bistro & Lounge (1847 Columbia Road N.W.) to score complimentary champagne all night long. Starting at 7 p.m., nosh on mini croquet monsieurs and French fries -- both part of a deliciously affordable buy-one-get-one-free deal. Dance the night away as the DJ spins French tunes.
Let's go Around Town: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters and find out What You're Doing Tonight with texts delivered right to your mobile phone -- just text DCTONIGHT to 622339 to sign up. (Message and data rates may apply.) Don't forget our iPhone app!