Ahoy, mates! A pirate-themed pub and grill in downtown Silver Spring is stealing local bar business. Located in the heart of the city, Piratz Tavern features an eclectic combination of Caribbean-inspired cuisine, international music, freak-show styled performances and a booty-adorned décor fit for the likes of Jack Sparrow.
The two-room establishment is worked by a wait staff dressed in ruffled shirts and wench style lace up skirts. The backdrop does the costumes justice with wood-paneled walls ornamented with knives, pistols and lanterns. A set of double doors leads out to the enclosed patio which is open year round.
Friday and Saturday night performances rotate between Irish-folk bands, belly dancers, fire breathers, fire dancers, and tarot card readers. The Pirates of the Caribbean-theme appeals to more than the adolescent, the pub is drawing a solid happy hour and after dinner crowd. Pub-goers credit the off beat theme, varied performances, reasonable prices, specials and Grog (a potent Rum concocted of three rums and a Jamaican spice-that packs a punch) to their continued patronage.
Fri. 11:30 a.m. – 2 a.m.
Sat. 12:30 p.m. – 2 a.m.
8402 Georgia Ave.
Silver Spring, M.D. 20910
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here