A teacher in northeastern Wisconsin went to the hospital after being poisoned in what two students told police was a prank.
Police said the Gillett Secondary School teacher noticed a strange smell coming from a bottle of soda he had left unattended Tuesday afternoon. Police talked to a 16-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl, who said they put a small amount of cleaning solution in the bottle.
The teacher was treated at a hospital, police said. School Supt. Todd Carlson told WLUK-TV he was back at school Wednesday.
U.S. & World
The day's top national and international news.
Carlson said the school no longer has chalkboards so the solution was from the cleaner used to wash away marker on the dry-erase boards.
The school board is scheduled to discuss punishment for the students.