The Discovery Channel says it has indefinitely postponed the broadcast of a show purporting to re-enact Michael Jackson's autopsy.
Discovery Networks International made the announcement in a statement Friday.
"Given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson's estate, the scheduled broadcast of the medical documentary related to Michael Jackson's official autopsy has been postponed indefinitely," according to the statement.
U.S. & World
The day's top national and international news.
The executors of Jackson's estate harshly criticized the company earlier this week for its plans to broadcast the show:
"Your decision to even schedule this program is in shockingly bad taste, insensitive to Michael's family and appears motivated solely by your blind desire to exploit Michael's death, while cynically attempting to dupe the public into believing this show will have serious medical value," John Branca and John McClain said in a letter to the president of the cable network.
The executors said Discovery has made the correct decision in choosing to cancel the program.
The company's decision was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.com.