Silver Spring Building Evacuated After Carbon Monoxide Leak

Dozens of Silver Spring, Md. residents were evacuated from their homes Tuesday night after a carbon monoxide leak in their apartment building.

The leak occurred on the 7700 block of Eastern Avenue, according to the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service.

As many as 30 residents were urged to leave their homes as workers tried to identify the source of the leak and ventilate the building.

Medics evaluated two residents at the scene. They declined to be taken to a hospital. 

EMS units have been requested, according to MCFRS. With rain in the forecast, buses will move residents to shelter. 

Contact Us