Employee Taken to Hospital After Being Shocked at MGM National Harbor

MGM says they are "committed to continue working with the family's representative to reach a resolution"

An employee at MGM National Harbor reported being shocked twice at the resort this month and was taken to a hospital the second time.

The employee said he felt what he “described as a static electric shock” when he pushed an elevator button Dec. 4, according to a statement from MGM. He was evaluated by medical personnel at the scene.

The elevator was shut down for inspection, but no issues were found, according to MGM.

Wednesday night, the same employee and a coworker said they felt static shocks while moving a food warmer. The warmer was not supplied with electricity at the time, according to the MGM.

The employee who had previously been shocked was taken to a hospital for evaluation and released. The other employee declined to be evaluated.

The food warmer is out of service and being examined.

MGM is being sued by the family of Zynae Green, a 7-year-old girl who went into cardiac arrest when she was shocked by a handrail at the resort in June.

Contact Us