Workers Overcome by Carbon Monoxide Fumes - NBC4 Washington

Workers Overcome by Carbon Monoxide Fumes

Workers found unconscious in garage



    New Shoulder Replacement Procedure Gives the Gift of Movement

    Dangerous levels of Carbon Monoxide forced the evacuation of an apartment building in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Saturday afternoon.

    At 3:30pm, DC Fire& EMS responded to the Parker Flats at Gage School condos located at 150 V Street, NW.  Residents were asked to evacuate the building after high levels of the gas were detected throughout the 4 story building.

    Two men were found unconscious in the underground parking garage, DC Fire spokesman Pete Piringer said.  They were using a pressure washer inside an unventilated part of the garage when they were overcome by the fumes.  The workers were taken to a local hospital with serious and potentially life-threatening injuries.

    Firefighters went door to door checking for other victims. It took about an hour to ventilate the building before residents and their pets were allowed back inside.  No other injuries were reported.