NBCWASHINGTON.COM Winter Jam Epiphone Guitar Giveaway
- PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: No purchase necessary. Void outside the WRC/NBC4 terrestrial geographic viewing area and where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins on Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 9:00am and ends on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 11:59pm. All times in this Contest refer to Eastern Time. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- TO ENTER: To enter, complete an entry form at the NBCWASHINGTON.COM Winter Jam booth at the NBC4 Health and Fitness Expo at the Washington Convention Center between the hours of 9am and 5pm on Saturday, January 10, 2009 or Sunday, January 11, 2009. You will be asked to provide your name, address, email address, age, and in 25 words or less, “why you should win an Epiphone guitar.”
You may enter once per day during the Contest period. Multiple entries received from any person or email address thereafter will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted or unintelligible for any reason including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion (including at Sponsor), are void and will not be accepted. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness, image and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. Entrants will have the opportunity to receive information from Station and selected partners by checking the appropriate box. Entrants can unsubscribe by following the instructions at http://www.nbcwashington.com/emailnewsletters/index.html.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S. residents who are located and residing in the WRC/NBC4 terrestrial geographic viewing area in the District of Columbia, and the following Maryland counties: Allegany, Calvert, Charles, Frederick, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's, Washington; and the following Virginia counties: Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Frederick, King George, Loudoun, Page, Prince William, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Warren, Westmoreland; and who are 18 or older as of January 10,2009. Employees of NBC4/WRC-TV, NBC Universal, NEI Inc., and their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or persons living in the same households (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: A panel of NBC4/NBCWASHINGTON.COM will select five entries from all eligible entries as the “top 5 reasons”/finalists on our about Tuesday, January 20. 2009. The “top 5 reasons” will be posted online at NBCWASHINGTON.COM on or about Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 9am and will remain online until 11:59pm on Wednesday, January 28, 2009, and will be eligible to be ranked by the public via online voting. The entry receiving the most public votes by 11:59pm on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 will be declared the winner, and that entrant will be notified by phone and/or mail and/or at the email address provided by winner on or about Friday, January 30, 2009. Winner will be required to return a completed, signed and notarized affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and, except where prohibited, a publicity release within five days of such notification. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification, and an alternate winner for that prize will be selected. Limit one prize per family or household.
- PRIZE: There will be one (1) Prize awarded, consisting of the following: one Epiphone Guitar with case valued at $614 (Six hundred and fourteen dollars.) Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. All taxes and all other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of winner(s). Prize cannot be transferred by winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the services detailed above, with no substitution of prize by winner. In the event this Contest is terminated before all prizes are awarded, if any prize is forfeited or unclaimed, if any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will randomly select from remaining eligible entries an alternate winner for all remaining prize elements.
CONDITIONS: By entering this Contest each entrant agrees (a) to release and hold harmless WRC/NBC4, NBC Universal, Inc., NEI, and their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint venture companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”), from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in this Contest and/or his or her acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, or any portion thereof; (b) to indemnify Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by the prize supplier that are sent along with the prize; (c) if selected as a finalist and/or winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on www.nbcwashington.com, the use by Released Parties of such name, voice, image and/or likeness for publicity, promotional and advertising purposes without additional compensation, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official rules or the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from this promotion.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest or permanently disqualify from any promotion any person it believes has intentionally violated these rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest or operation of the Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify the Contest should any computer virus, malfunction or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, prizes will be awarded from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring cancellation. Notice of cancellation will be posted at www.nbcwashington.com.
The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, errors in these rules, for any human or electronic error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late, damaged or postage due.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: For the name(s) of the winner(s), available after February 3, 2009, visit , c/o Advertising & Promotion Department, NBC4, 4001 Nebraska Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20016 . or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by February 20, 2009 to: Epiphone Guitar Contest Winner
- SPONSOR: NBCWASHINGTON.COM