BALTIMORE (AP) — Officials say two people suffered serious hand injuries in separate fireworks incidents in central Maryland.
The Baltimore Fire Department tells multiple media outlets that a 29-year-old woman suffered a serious hand injury in a fireworks incident Sunday night in Waverly. The department said the woman was taken to a hospital in serious condition, but declined to describe the injury further or give details of how the woman was hurt.
The State Fire Marshal’s Office said in a news release that a 26-year-old man lost most of a finger when a roman candle he was handling malfunctioned in Carroll County.
It happened Sunday night at a home in Sykesville. Authorities say the device, which is illegal in Maryland, detonated and amputated the man’s right ring finger from the knuckle up.
The post 2 suffer serious hand injuries in fireworks incidents appeared first on WTOP.