Sure, the popular Netflix series "House of Cards" is set in D.C. -- but, unlike Frank Underwood's many secrets, the fact that the show primarily shoots in Maryland is widespread knowledge.
For a hint of authenticity, though, the production will make a detour to the District this weekend to film a mock motorcade scene along the National Mall, DCist first reported.
Crews will be in town this Saturday from noon to 10 p.m., according to the D.C. Office of Motion Picture and Television Development.
Filming is expected in the following locations, the office says:
- 3rd Street NW between Independence and Pennsylvania avenues
- 7th Street NW between Independence and Pennsylvania avenues
- 9th Street NW between Independence and Pennsylvania avenues
- 15th Street NW between Pennsylvania and Constitution avenues
- Pennsylvania Avenue NW between 3rd and 15th streets
- Constitution Avenue NW between 15th and 3rd streets
- Independence Avenue SW between 3rd and 14th streets
Production vehicles will park on 3rd Street NW/SW between Madison and Jefferson drives.
"House of Cards" stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright.