Washington Nationals pitcher Stephen Strasburg is 6-1 with a 2.35 ERA (fifth in baseball) so far this season, but according to his peers, apparently those numbers mean little to nothing.
Sports Illustrated recently polled 227 MLB players, asking them to choose the most overrated pitcher in baseball. Strasburg settled in at No. 9 on the dubious list (and on the two-year anniversary of his MLB debut, no less):
- C.J. Wilson - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- A.J. Burnett - Pittsburgh Pirates
- Josh Beckett - Boston Red Sox
- John Lackey - Boston Red Sox
- Jonathan Papelbon - Philadelphia Phillies
- Tim Lincecum - San Francisco Giants
- Barry Zito - San Francisco Giants
- Ubaldo Jimenez - Cleveland Indians
- Joba Chamberlain - New York Yankees
What say you, Nats fans? Do you think the opinions of Strasburg's peers are justified?