A tractor-trailer overturned on the westbound span of the Bay Bridge Wednesday afternoon, closing two lanes.
Maryland Transportation Authority spokeswoman Cheryl Sparks said she did not know what if anything the trailer was carrying or whether anyone was injured when the vehicle overturned about 2 p.m.
Anne Arundel County fire crews believe wind may have knocked over the tractor-trailer, WBAL-TV reported. The driver was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the Maryland Transportation Authority.
The bridge was then shut down in both directions due to high winds about 2:30 p.m. It reopened to cars only about 6 p.m.
- Storm Threatens Havoc With Evening Commute
- Winter Storm Dumps Snow in Western Suburbs, Flurries, Rain Elsewhere
- The Pat Collins Snowman Challenge
- Weighty Snow Leads to Power Outages
- Storm Help For Those Who Can't Get Warm
Get the latest weather from NBCWashington.com:
- Severe Weather Alerts: click here
- Interactive Radar: click here
- Complete Weather Coverage: click here