In this week’s installment of What X Buys You, we look at the $749,000 price point and find a massive two-bedroom loft space in a converted 1897 Capitol Hill school building. The main draw of this 1,500 square-foot unit is the expansive living space that has 14-foot ceilings, nine-foot windows and is large enough to throw a football around in.
The listing agent told UrbanTurf that the two-level condo is in the former space of one of the old school’s largest classrooms. Also, condos in this building aren’t often available -- the last one hit the market in mid-2008. More details and photos below.
- Address: 725 5th St. S.E. (map)
- Price: $749,000
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Square Footage: 1,494
- Price per SF: $501
- For the full listing, click here.
More recent articles about D.C.-area real estate from UrbanTurf:
- 4.71 Percent: Mortgage Rates at All-Time Low
- Coldwell Banker’s New Web site: The Pandora of Real Estate
- The Best Open Houses in D.C.: H Street and Tenleytown
Copyright 2007-2009, UrbanTurf.