If you can't make it to any of Saturday's fun fests, aim for something this Sunday, Sept. 26. Right now there's a precious window of time between having to mow your furiously growing lawn and rake your horrifyingly leaf-covered yard. Take advantage of this.
- The annual Fiesta D.C. brings an international party to Mount Pleasant (between Argonne Place and Park Road). Go for the Parade of Nations (1-3 p.m.), arts and crafts, and cuisine from multiple cultures. Plus, five stages will showcase hundreds of dancers from 30 folklore groups, theatrical performers and storyletters, and plenty of music. Noon-7 p.m.; free admission.
- The National Book Festival (on the National Mall, between 3rd and 7th streets) features readings and signings from dozens of notable authors, including Jonathan Safran Foer, Isabel Allende and Ken Follett. 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; free admission.
- The Olde Towne Dogge Walke is a 1.5-mile walk to benefit the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria. The walk kicks off from Market Square in Old Town Alexandria -- and obviously, bring your fur kid. Extendable leashes are not permitted. 7:30 a.m. packet pickup; 9 a.m. walk begins; $25 per registered walker; $40 for day-of-event registration.
- Oktoberfest at National Harbor (137 National Plaza, National Harbor, Md.) has reduced ticket sales this year and expanded into two days in an effort to avoid last year's overcrowding problem. Go for German and international beers, German liquor, wine and schnapps, plus plenty of food vendors. Noon-6 p.m. general admission; VIP starts at 11 a.m.; $25-$85.
- At the Sugarloaf Grape Stomp (18125 Comus Road, Dickerson, Md.), join a grape stomping competition, take a vineyard tour and taste plenty of wine. Catch live music and explore a quirky petting zoo. Bring chairs or blankets -- you'll wanna have a good place to find while you try to scrub the grape bits off your feet. Noon-5 p.m.; $15 advance; $20 day of event.
Let's Go Around Town: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters and find out What You're Doing Tonight with texts delivered right to your mobile phone -- just text DCTONIGHT to 622339 to sign up. (Message and data rates may apply.) Don't forget our iPhone app!