The D.C. attorney general's investigation into a non-profit run by Council member Harry Thomas Jr. is showing no signs of letting up.
A day after Thomas turned over documents relating to his non-profit, Team Thomas, Attorney General Peter Nickles fired back with another subpoena seeking more detailed information.
Nickles said he wants a list of everyone who made a donation over $250 to Team Thomas, and he wants to know exactly how the money was spent.
Team Thomas, according to the council member, is a non-profit that promotes youth sports and helps out with equipment and sport camps.
Earlier this week, Thomas -- responding to an earlier Nickles' subpoena -- released some basic financial information showing the group has raised and spent more than $200,000 since 2008. Thomas thinks Nickles is now going too far.
"By law, we have complied with everything that has been asked," Thomas said. "I think this is a continuation of the Mr. Nickles abuse of his office and his powers."
"To try to sweep under the rug what are serious issues relating to what are serious issues relating to the bona fides of this organization and how this money was spent by saying this is some political vendetta is baloney," Nickles said.
The subpoena asks for the information by Wednesday. Thomas said he will go to court to fight it.
Copyright 2010 WAMU 88.5 - American University Radio. All Rights Reserved.