Unattended Candles Sparked Fatal Va. Fire

By Jennifer Doren
|  Tuesday, Oct 5, 2010  |  Updated 4:16 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
View Chopper4's video of the Lorton townhome fire.

View Chopper4's video of the Lorton townhome fire.

advertisement

Fairfax County authorities are blaming unattended candles for the accidental death of a woman and two of her children.

Elieen Cecilia Langham-Anderson, 24, and her two sons, 5-year-old Soloman Anderson and 3-year-old Alfonso Anderson, died from smoke inhalation and thermal burns in the fire in a two-story townhouse on Hagel Circle in Lorton, Va., two weeks ago.
 
Three other children and an adult were pulled to safety. Four firefighters suffered minor injuries during the rescue.
 
County officials reported 10 fire fatalities this year.

Fan, Follow and Text: Get the latest from NBCWashington.com anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters and get breaking news delivered right to your mobile phone -- just text DCBREAKING to 622339 to sign up. (Message and data rates may apply.)

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out