Sunlight Reflecting Off Mirror Starts Va. House Fire | NBC4 Washington

Julie Carey, David Culver and the News4 team covering where you live

Sunlight Reflecting Off Mirror Starts Va. House Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Sunlight Reflecting Off Mirror Starts Va. House Fire

    Sunlight reflecting off a mirror started a house fire in Fairfax County, fire officials said Thursday.

    Firefighters were called to Landues End Lane in the Fairview area at about 9:15 a.m. Wednesday. When they arrived, they found smoke coming from the two-story home. Fire officials say the bedroom fire was quickly extinguished.

    Both residents inside the home were able to escape after a smoke detector alerted them to the fire. One of them suffered a minor injury.

    Fire officials say sunlight reflecting from a makeup mirror ignited nearby combustibles.