Fairfax County police have released a list of the county's most dangerous road.
Police say the areas on the list have seen the most deadly or serious crashes involving pedestrians in the past five years. Most of the crashes happened in the winter when there is less daylight.
The following roads made the list:
- Centrewood Drive and Saint Germain Road, Centreville
- Lee Jackson Memorial Highway (Route 50) and Metrotech Drive, Chantilly
- Gallows Road from Arlington Boulevard (Route 50) to I-66, Fairfax
- Leesburg Pike (Route 7) from Patrick Henry Drive to Rio Drive, Falls Church
- Little River Turnpike (Route 236) from Hummer Road to Woodland Road, Annandale
- 7900 block of Heritage Drive, Annandale
- 7500 block of McWhorter Place, Annandale
- Backlick Road and Hechinger Drive, Springfield
- Little River Turnpike (Route 236) from Lincoln Avenue to Beauregard Street, Alexandria
- Lockheed Boulevard from Fordson Avenue to Richmond Highway (Route 1), Alexandria
- The 7900, 8100, 8300, 8600 and 8700 blocks of Richmond Highway (Route 1), Alexandria