Plans have been dropped for a 900-seat amphitheater in Northeast honoring the Godfather of Go-Go.
The Chuck Brown park, supported in part by Mayor Vincent Gray, was planned for the Landon Park area of Northeast between 18th and 20th Streets. Kenneth Diggs with the Department of General Services told News4 the amphitheater is no more -- but the department will soon release a modified version of the park.
Diggs said the neighborhood near the to-be amphitheater did not support the plans due to a lack of parking in the area.
MORE ON NBCWASHINGTON.COM
- Remembering Chuck Brown: One Year Later
- D.C. to Build Chuck Brown Music Pavilion
- Chuck Brown Day in Washington
- Folklife Festival to Honor Chuck Brown
- Chuck Brown Memorial Park Designated by Mayor
- D.C. Honors Godfather of Go-Go