Beautiful and tasty food can be healthy, too.
Chef Daniel Thomas, the regional executive chef for the American Diabetes Association, stopped by News4 Midday to share one of his recipes.
- Pan-seared Herb Crusted Salmon
- Sauteed broccolini with garlic and white cooking wine
- Marinated grape tomato and strawberry salad with a 25-year-old balsamic glaze
- 4oz. piece of salmon
- 4 sprigs of broccolini
- 4 strawberries cut in half
- 5 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 clove of garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon of rose vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of paprika
- 1 pinch of parsley flakes
- 1 pinch of chili powder
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1 pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch of dry thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs of chives
In a preheated skillet, add 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Take all of the spices and sprinkle them onto the salmon. Add the broccolini to the skillet and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the salmon to the same skillet. Let cook face-down for 3 minutes.
Add the garlic; then add the white wine. Turn the salmon over and let cook for 3 more minutes and take out of skillet. Mix the strawberries, tomatoes, rose vinegar, white balsamic vinegar, honey and 2 pinches of parsley flakes. Mix together, chill and serve.
Plate and drizzle balsamic glaze over entire plate.