D.C. Fire and EMS are responding to a reported natural gas leak on Massachusetts Avenue in Northwest D.C. Monday morning.
The incident has been reported at 2121 Massachusetts Avenue at Q Street. The private social club "Cosmos Club" is located at that address.
The Washington D.C. Firefighters Association says a HazMat response unit was sent to the scene for high pressure gas leak. The building has been evacuated.
Portions of Massachusetts Avenue, Florida Avenue, 21st, Q, and R streets were all closed for the response. Air monitoring systems were deployed, and elevated readings were detected, according to the Firefighter's Association.
A Washington Gas was also on the scene and has shut off the leak, but the investigation continues.
All closed streets in the area were reopened before 11 a.m.