Meter Reader Helps Woman Out of Smokey House

By Matthew Stabley
|  Friday, Jul 1, 2011  |  Updated 4:34 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Meter Reader Helps Woman Out of Smokey House

Merkushev Vasiliy, Shutterstock

advertisement

A Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission worker may have helped save a life when he saw smoke coming from a house in Gaithersburg, Md., Thursday morning.

Meter reader Eric Paige, 46, was working in the 24200 block of Bushhill Road when he saw the smoke at about 7 a.m., according to WSSC. He banged on a door until a woman came out coughing. Inside, he didn’t see anyone else. Nor was anyone at home next door.

Paige was one of several to call 911 about the smoke.

The woman did not need to be taken to a hospital.

The smoke was caused by food left on the stove, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out