State fire marshals suspect a wood stove may have caused a fire that killed two Frostburg State University students in an off-campus apartment building in downtown Frostburg, Md.
Deputy State Fire Marshal Bruce Bouch said Friday that the stove was in a first-floor common area in the rear of the building where the fire originated around 4 a.m.
Bouch said 10 occupants escaped the five-unit building.
He said two firefighters and a Frostburg police officer were treated for injuries including smoke inhalation and a burn.
Kullberg was a co-owner of Malino's Pizza Shop on the building's first floor.