Excerpts From Salahi-Jones E-mails

View Comments (

NEWSLETTERS

AP
    In this Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2009 photo, Michaele and Tareq Salahi, right, arrive at a state dinner hosted by President Barack Obama for Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at the White House in Washington. The Secret Service is looking into its own security procedures after determining that the Virginia couple managed to slip into Tuesday night's state dinner at the White House even though they were not on the guest list, agency spokesman Ed Donovan said. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

Excerpts from e-mails exchanged between Tareq and Michaele
    Salahi and Michele Jones, special assistant to the defense
    secretary, as part of their effort to obtain an invitation to the
    Obama administration's first state dinner last week.

Friday, Nov. 20, 4:15 p.m.
    To the Salahis' attorney Paul Gardner from his office manager
    Rosalind Tyner.
    Michele S. Jones just called regarding the state dinner at the
    White House for Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2009. I need the following
    information from Tareq and Michaele Salahi immediately so she can
    submit their information before 5 p.m. today. Full name, Social
    Security number, date of birth, citizenship.
    ___
    Friday, Nov. 20, 4:33 p.m.
    From Tareq Salahi to Rosalind Tyner, Paul Gardner
    Hi Team THANK YOU!!! We are very much looking forward to it!
    (Salahi sends Social Security number, date of birth and
    citizenship for himself and his wife)
    ___
    Friday, Nov. 20, 4:49 p.m.
    From Michele Jones to Tareq Salahi
    Hopefully I can get tickets for the arrival ceremony ... the
    state dinner is completely closed and has been for awhile. As soon
    as I know, I will contact you.
    ____
    Monday, Nov. 23, 11 a.m.
    From Tareq Salahi to Michele Jones
    In preparations for tomorrow, do you know what time we would
    need to be there, and which entrance we should go through?
    ___
    Monday, Nov. 23, 4:12 p.m.
    From Michele Jones to Tareq Salahi
    I am still hoping that I can get tickets for the arrival
    ceremony tomorrow. They do have your information in the event that
    extra tickets become available and will notify me immediately. I
    still haven't given up, but it doesn't seem likely.
    ___
    Monday, Nov. 23, 4:51 p.m.
    From Tareq Salahi to Michele Jones
    By the way _ I know for a fact that these persons are unable to
    attend the state dinner and the reception portion:
    1.) Sen. Harry Reid and his wife (they have gone home early for
    Thanksgiving).
    2.) Kuma Gupta and husband (unable to travel to D.C. tomorrow)
    3.) Bob Stevens and his wife (top brass from Lockheed Martin)
    ___
    Tuesday, Nov. 24, 8:46 a.m.
    From Michele Jones to Tareq Salahi
    The arrival ceremony (was scheduled to be outdoors) was canceled
    due to inclement weather. They are having a very small one inside
    the WH, very limited space. I am still working on tickets for
    tonight's dinner. I will call or e-mail as soon as I get word one
    way or another.
    ___
    Wednesday, Nov. 25, 1:03 a.m.
    From Michaele and Tareq Salahi to Michele Jones
    Hi Michele,
    You are an angel!
    My cell phone battery died early this evening while we were in
    D.C. from our country home, so I just got your message now after
    driving back out. But obviously it worked out at the end.... We
    ended up going to the gate to check in at 6:30 p.m. to just check,
    in case it got approved, since we didn't know, and our name was
    indeed on the list! We are very grateful, and God bless you.
    We just got home, and we had a very wonderful evening as you can
    imagine!
    Look forward to seeing you very soon. Say when for dinner - we
    can't wait to see you and catch up and share memories of true
    lifetime.
    ___
    Wednesday, Nov. 25, 1:38 p.m.
    From Michele Jones to Tareq Salahi
    Tareq,
    You are most welcome! I here the smile in your e-mail and am
    delighted that you and Michaele had a wonderful time. :-)
    Have an extraordinary Thanksgiving and many blessings to you
    both!