Elderly Man Hospitalized After Fairfax Fire | NBC4 Washington

Elderly Man Hospitalized After Fairfax Fire

Investigators: Man tried to fight two-alarm blaze using water bucket

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    (Published Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013)

    A man in his 80s had to be airlifted to a local hospital Saturday night after a two-alarm fire broke out Saturday night in Fairfax.

    Fire investigators say that the man managed to get his wife to safety before going back and trying to put out the blaze with a bucket of water instead of immediately calling 911. One eyewitness told News4's Darcy Spencer that the flames extended as high as 30 feet above the roof of the house on Shelly Krasnow Lane.

    The victim, whose name has not been released, was airlifted to the Burn Center at MedStar Washington Hospital with respiratory injuries. There was no immediate update on his condition.