Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Leads to Fatality

Sunday, Dec 19, 2010  |  Updated 6:30 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
A carbon monoxide leak inside a Northwest Washington home has killed one person and left two others in serious condition.

Darcy Spencer

A carbon monoxide leak inside a Northwest Washington home has killed one person and left two others in serious condition.

advertisement

Police found dangerous levels of carbon monoxide gas in a Warder Street home in the Northwest.

A woman called 911 complaining of breathing problems.  When authorities responded at the location, they detected the high levels of gas in the air.

One man was discovered dead in the basement.  Another woman was found upstairs, unconscious.  The woman who placed the emergency call was found at the scene disoriented.

DC Fire and EMS spokesman Pete Piringer said that the likely cause of the high level of carbon monoxide in the air was a malfunctioning furnace in the basement.  Authorities found the buildings next door found normal levels of the gas in the air.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out