The Capital Bikeshare program has officially launched in Alexandria, Va.
The city announced the completion of eight Bikeshare stations Wednesday with an event in front of City Hall.
The Alexandria City Council had voted unanimously last October to join the program, which has more than 175 stations in the District and Arlington.
Construction began on Alexandria's bike stations in August and there is potential to add more as funding becomes available, said a press release from Alexandria's Department of Transportation and Environmental Services.
The Capital Bikeshare stations in Alexandria are:
- Prince Street / Union Street
- King Street / N. Royal Street
- King Street / S. Patrick Street
- Commerce Street / S. Fayette Street
- N. Saint Asaph Street / Pendleton Street
- N. Henry Street / Pendleton Street
- Braddock Road Metro
- King Street – Old Town Metro