Apparent Off-Campus Menorah Fire Displaces 9 University of Maryland Students

By Matthew Stabley
|  Tuesday, Dec 11, 2012  |  Updated 9:05 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Top Entertainment Photos

blueeyes, shutterstock

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

An unattended menorah may have caused a fire that displaced nine University of Maryland students from their off-campus apartment in College Park.

Prince George’s County firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in the 4200 block of Knox Road about 7 p.m. Monday.

Residents said they stepped out briefly, leaving the menorah lit earlier Monday evening unattended, according to Prince George’s County fire. When they returned, the apartment was on fire.

The fire in the kitchen of a second-floor unit caused enough damage to displace nine students from at least two apartments.

No injuries were reported.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out