Apartment Building Evacuated Because of Carbon Monoxide

14 evaluated

Monday, Jan 16, 2012  |  Updated 8:44 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Apartment Building Evacuated Because of CO

Chronis Jons/Riser/Getty Images

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue evacuated an apartment building in Rockville, Md., Monday because of carbon monoxide.

People reported feeling sick at the building at 12510 Viers Mill Road about 6 p.m. In a first-floor apartment, the concentration of carbon monoxide reached 100 parts per million. Thirty-five parts per million or less is considered safe.

Fourteen people were evaluated. No life-threatening injuries were reported.

The issue was a faulty heating unit. The scene has since been cleared.

Residents were sheltered in a Ride On bus while authorities try to determine the source.

Follow NBC Washington to get the latest news, events and entertainment anytime, anywhere: on air, online, and on Facebook // Twitter.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
NBC4's Camp4Kids
NBC4 launched Camp4Kids in 1993, in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out